yesterday after a very good print I started the next on and encountered massive underextrusion from the first layer on. The prinlines are so thin they are barely visible. I tried a lot of diferent settings since, but both extruders underextrude with different filaments at different temps and speeds.
Did anyone encounter a similar problem?
I use a original Creatr (later version) dual extruder for about 2 years now. It is modified with spring loaded extruders, custom nozzle fans, and some other little changes here and there.
- the nozzles are unclogged. Even extruding without the nozzles is incredibly slow
- filament path is not blocked. I get the same results when feeding filament directly.
- extruder pulley is not loose. I double checke dthe grip on the axis.
- temp is stable. At least repetier says so.
- xyz axis move fine.
- both extruders show the same problem.
- tried different softwares (repetier / octoprint on raspberry), and slicers (slic3r / cura)
- tried original preset settings
Any idea is appreciated.
Hi Robert, thanks for your info. I did try to clean the hotends already before, with a 1.5mm dremel drill and a kitchen torch, but with very little success. I guess my hotends are pretty spoiled by two years of nearly continous printing so some new parts here and the wont hurt much.
I ordered two new hotends and a new fan, (as I broke one while disassembling the extruder). As soon as I get them and have them built in the printer, I'll give Info of how it worked out.