Create a bootable USB with the latest software image. Please find download link to the software images below:
Shuttle PC: LilyPrint_Shuttle_2_1
Other PC: Xeed Software Archive
1) Download Win32DiskImager
2) Install Win32DiskImager
3) Input empty USB disk bigger than 4GB
4) Start Win32DiskImager
5) Select the usb disk on the right under “Device”. *Make a 100% sure you select the correct USB device! The program will remove all data from selected device! We are not responsible for any data loss.*
6) Select the image file, (make sure to show all files *.* and not just *.img because our files are a .bin)
7) Press Write, accept the warning that it might corrupt the disk.
8) When done input USB disk into Xeed and press either F7/F8/F12 depending on the machine in the Xeed to select the USB for start up.
Connect a USB keyboard into the other USB port on the back of the printer.
If your printer is currently on and LilyPrint is still functioning, select the Reboot option from the System menu at the top of the software application. Otherwise, you can power on the printer.
As soon as the screen goes dark, repeatedly press the one of the following F-keys on the keyboard to get to a boot menu (depending on the model of the internal CPU):
F7 - Shuttle PC
F8 - Zotac PC
F12 - Gigabyte PC
The boot screen should stop loading and be waiting for the user to select the boot option.
Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, select the boot option that appears to be a USB memory stick; press the Enter key on the keyboard. This will eventually get to a screen with the big word "Clonezilla" at the bottom in a crazy looking font. You will be prompted to press Enter on the keyboard here as well to select the only option available.
The PC will show that the software has been 100% installed and will prompt you to do two things:
- Remove the LilyPrint USB memory stick from the back of the Xeed printer.
- Press Enter on the keyboard.
The internal computer will shut down now (rather than rebooting). When this occurs, you'll see a brief blue screen that says "NO SIGNAL" and then a black screen. Therefore, you now need to unscrew the top lid of the Xeed and press the power on button on the internal PC (see video below). This applies to all types of internal computers on the Xeed 2015.
Please note that the video is for an Xeed printer that has a Zotac internal PC. Therefore, at video marker 0:23, we tell you to repeatedly press F8 on the keyboard to get a boot menu. As stated in step 4 in our article above, your boot key will depend on your Xeed's internal PC brand. If F8 doesn't work please see remove the top panel of the printer (you'll need to anyways) and look at the brand of internal PC (which you can see at video marker 2:53 when they are powering the Zotac back on (your Xeed's internal PC will be located in the same spot as the Zotac in this video).
Leapfrog 3D Printer technical support solutions onlineI want to open a new support ticket