!!Warning uploading the wrong firmware will damage the machine. Please pay close attention that you select the Bolt_firmware for the Bolt and The correct Boltpro firmware version for the Bolt Pro!!
Step 1: Selecting the correct firmware file
Leapfrog Bolt (serial nr: B-XXXX-XXXX)
- Setup Version 1: Bolt_firmware_2-8-2.hex (File available for download below article)
Leapfrog Bolt PRO (serial nr: BP-XXXX-XXXX)
- Setup Version 1: Boltpro_firmware_2-8-2.hex (File available for download below article)
- Setup Version 2: Boltpro_Firmware_3-0-0.hex (File available for download below article)
Step 2: Updating firmware from user-interface
If you are unable to access the user-interface for updating the firmware, only then please proceed to step 3.
- Copy the correct firmware to a flashdrive (USB-stick). The extention of this file is .Hex
- Start up the 3D printer
- Insert the flashdrive
- On the touchscreen go to settings -> update
- Click on "Manually Browse USB" and select the .hex file from the first step.
- Press "Flash" and wait for the process to complete
Step 3: Updating firmware from PC connected to LMC
In case step 2 was successful, please disregard step 3.
- Make sure the machine is turned on
- Unscrew the backplate of the 3D printer
- Connect the LMC to your windows computer (USB-B to USB-A cable)
- Run the Xloader program on your windows machine. (see Xloader.zip attached)
Select the correct firmware file (from step 1). The extention of this file is .Hex
Select device Mega(ATMEGA2560)
Select the highest COM port
Set boud rate to value: 115200
Click on Upload
Wait for the upload to be finished.