Hello and thank you for choosing the Leapfrog Creatr for your 3D printing needs.
This solution applies to the Creatr Single / Dual & Creatr XL;
In the following solution you will be instructed on how to check the function of the X and Y stepper motors on the Leapfrog Creatr 3D printer;
Checking the stepper motors is quite easy and fast to do:
1. First connect the Creatr to the PC through the software you are using; (Simplify 3D, Materialise, etc)
2. Next use the home all command. Once this command is executed the printer stepper motors will lock up for 60 seconds and you should not be able to move the printhead on both the X and Y axes;
3. Try moving the printhead on the X and Y axes and see if you can move the printhead; If you can it means the corresponding stepper motor is not working properly, in which case you will have to contact Leapfrog technical support in order to fix the printer;
A stepper motor not working could be presented as the following issues:
1. Shifted prints on the X or Y axis;
2. Strange noises when the printer is working;
3. Staggered movement on the respective axis;
4. Unresponsiveness to the jog controls;
Thank you for reading the solution and for any other issues please do not hesitate to contact our Leapfrog Support Team.
We wish you happy printing!