Hello and thank you for choosing the Leapfrog Creatr HS series printer for your 3D printing needs.
This solution applies to the Creatr HS, Creatr HS Lite, Creatr HS XL.
In the following solution you will be instructed on how to check the function of the X and Y stepper motors on the Leapfrog Creatr HS series printer.
Checking the stepper motors is quite easy and fast to do:
1. First, connect the Creatr HS to the PC through the software you are using; (Simplify 3D, Materialise)
2. Next, use the home all command. Once this command is executed the printer stepper motors will lock up for 60 seconds and you should not be able to move the print head on both the X and Y axes;
3. Try moving the print head on the X and Y axes and see if you can move the print head; If you can it means the corresponding stepper motor is not working properly, in which case you will have to contact Leapfrog technical support in order to fix the printer;
ATTENTION!!!! IF THE STEPPER MOTORS ARE NOT WORKING YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PUSH THE ASSEMBLY VERY HARD IN ORDER TO MOVE THE MOTOR. SO WE ASK THAT YOU GENTLY PUSH THE ASSEMBLY AS IF YOU PUT A LOT OF PRESSURE ON THE ASSMEBLY YOU WILL MOVE IT BUT YOU CAN ALSO DAMAGE THE MOTORS AND BEARINGS THIS WAY.
A stepper motor not working could be presented as the following issues:
1. Shifted prints on the X or Y axis
2. Strange noises when the printer is working
3. Staggered movement on the respective axis
4. Unresponsiveness to the jog controls
Thank you for reading the solution and for any other issues please do not hesitate to contact our Leapfrog Support Team.
We wish you happy printing!