Hello and thank you for choosing the Creatr HS for your printing needs.
The following solution will instruct you on what to check when you see your printer is under extruding:
1. The first thing to do is to adjust the print settings, mainly lowering the retraction speed from 24 000 to 1 800 mm/min;
Lowering the retraction speed will result in less strain on the drive unit stepper motors.
2. Next also please have a look at the default printing speed and depending on the print size and complexity please lower it as well;
- to adjust the pressure on the filament you will have to use the steel ring from the drive unit (see the picture below);
- to make sure the pressure on the filament is proper you will have to adjust it until you see constant indentations of the filament from the pinch wheel.
- A safe way to also check this is to remove the bowden tube underneath the drive unit and rest the weight of your hand and the drive unit should have enough power to pull the filament with the added weight of your hand. And the filament should also be straight in the drive unit;
4. Also if you see filament shavings inside the drive unit mainly on the pinch wheel, you will have to remove the drive unit and clean the pinch wheel and inside of the drive unit.
4.1 First remove the drive unit from the printer, you can find the steps in the link below:
4.2 Now the the drive unit is free you can start taking it apart to clean it (see the instructions in the link below on how to clean the drive unit):
5. If even after adjusting the print settings and the pressure on the filament, the prints still look the same the next part to check is the hot end. First extrude a few mm of filament to see if the extruder is not clogged in any way;
If no filament is extruded, next remove the nozzle from the hot end and try extruding material without the nozzle. If the filament is extruded it means the root of the issue is the nozzle.
If you notice that the extruded filament is not consistent then please refer to the link below and see how to unclog the extruders:
Thank you for reading the solution and for any other issues please do not hesitate to contact our Leapfrog Support Team.
We wish you happy printing!